Wednesday, September 23, 2009

TWD Cottage Cheese Pufflets


Okay for my two readers, I'm sorry I haven't posted.  I've actually been... baking!  I have baked a TON in the past two weeks and have the photos to prove it but I left my camera cord at a friends house so I cannot get those pictures from my camera to you. But as soon as I do, I'll post like crazy.

One of the many things I baked during the last two weeks is Dorie Greenspan's Cottage Cheese Pufflets.  In short, I really liked these!  They are definitely on my things to make whenever I finally decide to have my friends over for brunch.  They are little puff pastries with a slight kick with a hint of sweetness being added by the jam.  For the jam I used Sarabeth's Strawberry Raspberry Jam.  I heart Sarabeth's jams.  They have two restaurants in NYC and I love having brunch partly for their biscuits and jam.  If they don't offer Sarabeth's in your grocery store.  Buy it on-line.  My favorite is Strawberry Peach. 



These pufflets are actually super quick to make.  Well okay if you want them to look pretty, they may take a little time because the dough is super sticky.  But I have no patience and care more about how food tastes than how it looks so I put those bad boys in the oven even though I could clearly see jam hanging out the sides.  Note:  If you see jam hanging out the sides of your pufflets, BEFORE you put them in the oven, your pufflets are most likely NOT sealed and may (WILL) open in the oven.  Oh wells - my memories of these lovelies is how they taste.

In the future, I will probably add more cottage cheese to the recipe as I wanted a tangy taste to contrast with the sweetness of the jam.  This week's Tuesdays with Dorie was chosen by Jacque of Daisy Lane Cakes.  Please visit her blog and then see how other bakers fared.

Update:  I halved this recipe so the puflets went quickly.  Here is a picture (note - not as pretty as my fellow bakers.  I'll definitely make these again!)


No comments:

Post a Comment