Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tues..er..Thursdays with Dorie


I know that I'm 2 days late, but these muffins were so good, I had to share them with you.    This week's recipe was for Allspice Crumb Muffins.  If you are like me, allspice isn't sitting pretty in your spice rack.  Let me suggest that you add it to this week's grocery list. What I LOVED about these muffins:

(1)  They are sweet enough for dessert but not too sweet to eat as breakfast
(2)  The possibilities - I could see myself adding apples or bananas or nuts to this muffin - YUM
(3)  Quick and easy - so quick, I forgot to take pictures of the process


Does the oven count?
(4)  Allspice - seriously brown sugar never tasted so good and I think its because of the allspice (but I'm no Alton Brown so don't quote me)

These were great!  Seriously - this is one recipe you will definitely want to keep. 


My tops weren't so crumby.  I think I mixed the streusel a little too much.  But I liked how the topping melted into the muffin.



This week's recipe was chosen by Kayte of Grandma's Kitchen Table.  How much do you love that blog name?  Visit her site and then see how other TWD bakers fared.

2 comments:

  1. Your muffins look really tasty...you are right about what's not to love about that crumbly mix! I am going next with the apples added also as I think it would make a great pairing! And, it feels like apple season still. Great job. Thanks for baking with me this week, and for the lovely sentiment about the name of my blog, very nice of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My crumb kinda melted off, and since the muffin is decadent as it is I think I'll leave it next time. They had a lovely, delicate flavour, I thought. :)

    ReplyDelete