Tuesday, October 20, 2009

TWD Sweet Potato Biscuits


For this week's Tuesday with Dorie, Erin of Prudence Pennywise chose the Sweet Potato Biscuit recipe.  I was really excited to make this week's recipe as I've never made biscuits and I love a good sweet potato.  This is definitely a recipe I will make again.




I think I put a little more than 1 teaspoon of grated nutmeg.  =)  I actually put even more in later.  I love nutmeg with sweet potato and the canned puree I used just didn't have enough flavor.




I think next time I may have to use whole sweet potatoes (or just doctor up the biscuit a bit).
"Rolling out the dough was real simple - love that!"


This biscuit has fall written all over it.  Its good plain but even better warm with a little butter. 


My biscuits didn't rise, but I didn't really mind. The flavor was nice and the biscuit was soft.


Don't forget to visit Prudence Pennywise and the rest of TWD bakers to see their versions of Dorie Greenspan's Sweet Potato Biscuits.

11 comments:

  1. Your biscuits turned out great! Looks like winners. You got a nice rise out of them!
    Nice to find you're also on TWD. I've been following along for a couple of months now. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful. I bet they were delicious with al that nutmeg. I added cinnamon and it gave them a nice flavor. Glad you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, your biscuits look terrific! I say a heavy hand with the spices is the way to go, I really enjoyed the nutmeg in these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those look great- your dough looks like it was easy to work with (mine wasn't cooperating)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours came out so perfectly round and well-risen. Mine look a little more "homemade," you might say. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours look great - a lot better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this was my first foray into biscuit making too!! a flop for aesthetics but a win for taste!! i think you did swell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look scrumptious! And very fall-esque. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, they were easy to make. The flavor was VERY subtle. Mine were flat and not so hot. Ah, well. Happens.

    Yours look just great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yours look great. I need work on my math skills/measuring, I think. Heh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I think you're the only one who had an easy time to roll out the dough! Mine was too sticky to roll out. I think it rose quite nicely and looks delicious! =)

    ReplyDelete