Sunday, November 15, 2009

Welcome Baby

I spent the afternoon with 3 of my dearest friends celebrating the soon to be arrival of a baby girl. 


There is something to be said about old friends friends who have stood the test of time because we are not old.  =)  The five of us whispered about first loves during sleepovers, spent the weekend at the Jersey shore after prom and stayed in touch via letters (which I still have in a hat box at my parents house) during that 1st year apart in college. 



We have stood by each other as we started careers, found a soul mate (4 down, 1 to go)  and now have children.  The five of us couldn't be more different.  But I think it is our acceptance of those differences that have kept us friends for 20+ years.


So on to the food.  I, of course, volunteered to make the cookie favors and cake.  I couldn't decide on one design.  They were so much fun to make.  The cookies are sugar cookies with royal icing.  I promise to share the cake pictures and recipe tomorrow.  It is such an easy recipe that kinda well, yes definitely does, involve a box cake mix (gasp).  I would share today but the pictures are stuck in my camera and it is sleepytime.



Can't wait to meet you little baby Paige!

No comments:

Post a Comment